NIKKOR-Q·C 1:3.5 f=5cm Nippon-Kogaku Tokyo NO.570xxx
Another new serial number block with numbers from 5703xx to 5711xx. Most of these lenses are seen mounted on Canon rangefinder but some also appear on Leica copies so it seems they were made in both Canon J and Leica screw mounts. The name-ring shows further developments, finally arriving at a format which would remain more or less standard during the Nikon rangefinder era:
- The name-ring has is marked "NIKKOR-Q·C", where "Q" indicates the number of elements: Q = Quatro = 4 elements (this is a tessar design).
- The "C" indicates the lens surfaces are coated. The "C" is usually colored red but may also be black. Some are mis-engraved "Q·O".
- The name "Tokyo" also appears on the name ring.
- Unique to this series, the serial number "NO.570xxx" has "NO" in uppercase.
- The "K" in "KogaKu" and "ToKyo" are also uppercase!
« Previous |
Next » |