Prototype NIKKOR 1:3.5 F=50mm
The pictures below show what is probably a prototype of the 50mm 1:3.5 lens. If so, this may be the first interchangeable lens that Nippon-Kogaku made for any camera!
- Generally crude finish and engravings.
- Aperture ring with different style of grip.
- Raised front ring around front element (surely would cause vignetting?)
- Aperture scale is marked in "standard" increments (3.5 - 4 - 5.6 - 8 - 11 - 16). The production lens has a different scale turning in the opposite direction.
- No focal length or maximum aperture marked on the front ring.
- Serial number 19148 roughly stamped on the front ring, the last 3 digits also hand engraved on the lower barrel.
Production Lens » |